Saturday, September 02, 2006

Gooey Treat

Today feels like fall with the rain and gray skies. This might explain why I have reverted back to my Saturday behaviors of baking dessert and cooking a delicious supper. Today, I am trying out Paula Deen's Gooey Butter Cake and we'll have lasagna for supper. Funny how I put dessert first.

I haven't baked since I started my health spectacular because sweets are my downfall. I wasn't raised with my Scandinavian blood without having a treat for every occasion. I have strong memories of my two aunts coming to visit each Saturday and my mom would always have at least two kinds of baked goods on hand to put out during their coffee time. The kids would always grab a bar or cookie as we raced through the kitchen to play downstairs.

Last year, I could bake on Saturday and bring the leftovers to Borders on Sunday, but since I no longer work there, I'll have to come up with a new plan. I think I will send them to Borders anyway. Someone once said that I could put out a bowl of chicken broth at Borders and they would eat it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can say I sampled Sara's Gooey Butter Cake and it was amazing! (As was the lasanga!)
Jen