Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sunday Morning Thoughts

Yesterday, I felt like I was digging myself out of a pile of things I had been putting off. Terribly boring things like bills, paperwork, letters to be mailed, blah, blah, blah. But after many stamps, many opened envelopes, and checks written, I am caught up. I can re-enter my life without anything hanging over my head for at least one day.

Let me tell you how shallow I am. I have been a bit of a believing heathen in the past few years. I believe yet I don't go to church. Basically, it comes from my severe love for Sunday mornings. You know the type...coffee, political shows, sleeping in, brunch out. However, the time has come (and this is where you see how shallow I am). I am thinking about joining a church because I would like to make some friends and not just with Jesus. I have one person that I hang out with, but she is gone for a few weeks for work. I have great friends, but they happen to be two to seven states away. I guess I am need for proximal friends.

The Lord is not the only one who is trying to find me friends. I am going to a scrapbooking club next Saturday. I found this group through meetup.com. They have several clubs, but this is one where I can go and meet people and if they are not kindred spirits, at least, I can scrap.

No comments: