Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Self-Absorbed Tuesday Post

When I suffer from Bloggers Block, a fellow blogger usually will offer some inspiration for a self-absorbed assessment of myself...here you go.

Three nicknames that you have had:
  1. Bun-given to me by my brother and his Eddie Haskell-like best friend and I have no idea why.
  2. Sunny-A name given to me only because we had to have a nickname on our senior jerseys in high school and I had never accepted a nickname of any sort by choice.
  3. Baby Sara-given to me by our neighbor, Don, only because I was the youngest Sara on the block...this name stuck long into high school.

Three things you don't like about yourself:

  1. My fears-too many to mention
  2. My laziness with diet and exercise
  3. My inability to understand things like insurance and other mumbo-jumbo.

Three things that scare you:

  1. Tornadoes and any other weather related phenomena that could lead to my demise.
  2. Bats-they could get stuck in my hair...now that is unreasonable fear.
  3. Carnies-Smell like cabbage, you know.

Three of your everyday essentials:

  1. Tim
  2. Diet Coke
  3. The Internet

Three things you are wearing right now:

  1. Jean Capris
  2. Rainbow Belt
  3. Glasses

Three of your favorite bands/musicians growing up:

  1. The Monkees
  2. The Beach Boys
  3. Cat Stevens

Two truths and a lie:

  1. I have three dollars and some change in my pocket.
  2. I love Pop-Tarts but only with frosting.
  3. My Care Bear's name was Funshine--the yellow one.

Three things you can't do without:

  1. Family
  2. Friends
  3. My toothbrush

Three things you most certainly can do without:

  1. Beets
  2. Rude people
  3. War

Three places you want to go on vacation:

  1. Scandinavian Countries
  2. Australia/New Zealand
  3. Some tropical wonderland where you drink brightly colored beverages and the only thing I am concerned with is what sarong I will wear to dinner and what song will be playing in my head as I walk down the beach as the sun sets on the ocean.

Three things you want to do before you die:

  1. Show them what I am made of.
  2. Open a can of worms.
  3. Turn things upside down.

Three people you want to know these things about:

  1. Actually, I would love to know these things about anyone. These are the types of things people talk about as they sit around a campfire or when they stay up too late.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, its the 1995 reader...I have a question. Way back when you wrote about religion. I keep thinking about it. You had provided a link and spoke of the open-minded religion and I can't find the post. Can you talk more about it?

Anonymous said...

1995 again......Here are some things about myself......
Three nicknames that you have had:
Special K
Gucci Girl
Rabbit—(G-rated) by my family as I insisted on wearing a bunny outfit for Halloween for 3 years in a row as a child.

Three things you don't like about yourself:
My chin
My short term memory
When I meet people I always assume they are nice and genuine, so usually I end up meeting crazy people.

Three things that scare you:
The unknown
Walking in the dark
The loss of a parent

Three of your everyday essentials:
A shower
Allergy medicine
Talking to my husband

Three things you are wearing right now:
Sandals
Capri’s
T-shirt

Three of your favorite bands/musicians growing up:
NKOTB
Milli Vanilli
Oasis

Two truths and a lie:
I weigh 110 lbs
I wouldn’t take back anything that I have done this far in life
I still listen to NKOTB and Milli Vanilli in the car when I am alone and sing really loud to it

Three things you can't do without:
My family, especially my nephews
Music in the car
Sleep

Three things you most certainly can do without:
Mosquitoes
My in-laws
Liars

Three places you want to go on vacation:
A cruise around the world
London
Tahiti

Three things you want to do before you die: Buy a new house
Have kids and see them have their own families
Join the Big Sister program

Three people you want to know these things about:
Everyone we graduated with

Anonymous said...

This is from Amanda:

Three nicknames that you have had:
Booch- it was given to me unter false pretenses
Princess A- Also on my high school jersey. I gave myself that one.
Roxie- my karaoke alias

Three things you don't like about yourself:
I am quick to judge people
Chubby face
I tend to procrastinate


Three things that scare you:
Snowstorms
Water splashing in my face
People who drive too fast


Three of your everyday essentials:
Talk to Steve
Talk to my mom
Talk to my cat


Three things you are wearing right now:
Birkenstocks
Jean jacket
Wedding ring

Three of your favorite bands/musicians growing up:
Amy Grant
Billy Joel
Movie soundtracks



Three things you can't do without:
Diet Coke
My friends
Cheese

Three things you most certainly can do without:
Paris Hilton
Bugs
Mean people



Three places you want to go on vacation:
Italy
Ireland
Las Vegas

Three things you want to do before you die:
Take a trip with my girlfriends
Open my own business
Be on a community activism board


Three people you want to know these things about:
Anyone can know them- I don’t think anything is too surprising!

Rhiannon said...

Three nicknames that you have had:
Reno
Nin
Bammers

Three things you don't like about yourself:
I speak before I think
I've had bad skin since I was 10
I don't make time for church or volunteering

Three things that scare you:
Losing someone close to me
I fear throwing up in public
Car accidents

Three of your everyday essentials:
Talking to my husband
Diet coke
email
(sorry to copy you sara)

Three things you are wearing right now:
t-shirt
sports bra
purple shorts

Three of your favorite bands/musicians growing up:
Michael Jackson (ugh, I know)
Belinda Carlisle
Whitney Houston

Three things you can't do without:
My husband
My friends
chips and salsa

Three things you most certainly can do without:
the sci fi channel
WWE
commuting

Three places you want to go on vacation:
Italy
Australia/New Zealand
Washington DC

Three things you want to do before you die:
Have children
Open a successful sports bar with my husband
Go on a mission work trip

Three people you want to know these things about:
Well, I know Amy and Melanie read this blog, so I want to know these things about them!

Jeff said...

Three nicknames that I have had:
Ba-gaa! (emphasize the second syllable) -Given to me in college because (according to the nickname-giver, I tended to overreact to certain situations.
Master of the Obvious - Again, in college, I tended to point out what was already clear to everyone in the world.
Jeff-Tom: The most brief of nicknames received, given to me during a Jazz camp in high school. I had a secret crush on the girl who gave it to me, but now I don't even remember her name.

Three things I don't like about myself:
Disorganization - I'm getting better. Thankfully I married an organized woman and have organized colleagues.
My physique - A little like pretzel man.
I watch too much TV.

Three things that scare me:
1. The idea of my wife or daughter dying. I can't imagine life without them.
2. The idea that one day I'll turn into my parents.
3. Big bugs, especially cicadas, junebugs, katydids, and grasshoppers.

Three of my everyday essentials
1. My wife
2. My daughter
3. Clean clothes

Three things I am wearing right now:
1. Olive green shorts
2. Glasses
3. Wedding ring

Three of my favorite bands/musicians growing up:
1. Billy Joel
2. Kool and the Gang
3. Journey

Two truths and a lie:
1. I want to fly an airplane.
2. I love to cook.
3. This is the first response I've made to someone's blog.

Three things I can't do without.
1. My faith in God
2. Family
3. The opportunity to be creative.

Three things I most certainly can do without.
1. Overly pessimistic people.
2. Weeds in my lawn.
3. Fireworks at 1:00 in the morning.

Three places I want to go on vacation:
1. African safari
2. Camping anywhere
3. Hawaii

Three things I want to do before I die:
1. Along with my wife, watch my daughter grow up.
2. Be a more organized person.
3. Make more lasting friendships.

Three people I want to know these things about:
1. My brother-in-law, Mike.
2. My parents (I guess that would technically count as two).
3. My wife, though I know many of her answers already.