Saturday, July 09, 2005

Tales From the Pedicurist's Chair


Big-Ups to my friend Jodi for convincing me to have a pedicure! For most people, the foot is an unpleasant part of the human body. Mine is no exception. Without going into disgusting detail, I was in desparate need of this pedicure.

Over some fast-food Chinese food, including Crab Rangoon, Jodi gave me the run-down of a pedicure. I hate surprises and like to know what to expect. When we arrived at the salon, I felt the need to apologize to the pedicurist.

"I am sorry. I have bad feet."

She just smiled and lied, "That is okay, I have seen worse." If she had seen worse, she would be the first to claim that after seeing my battered and somewhat dry feet. Yes, I know it is gross to mention such unmentionable things like dry feet, but I am just saying it like it is.

Bright Red! I chose bright red for my first pedicure because everything else seemed too muted for this triumphant occasion. This will not be my last pedicure. Wouldn't it be lovely if salons could file insurance because, medically speaking, I could really use a pedicure...both for pain relief from my dry feet and for mental relaxation. If you are a man reading this blog, you need to take your girlfriend/wife/squeeze to a salon and surprise her with a pedicure. She will kiss on you for awhile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I always apologize for my feet.

Red is the perfect color. I need to get myself in there this week. I will do hot pink, I think.

Amanda