Sunday, January 30, 2005

Iron & Wine

Call me old fashioned, but I still buy CDs.

I don't download music from the internet, but I do buy some songs from itunes. I love to listen to radio online. Sometimes, artists will have full versions of their songs available at their websites.

Recently, I have been pining away for Iron & Wine. I have not brought myself to the music store to purchase it because I have been enjoying the music I've found on the internet to listen to. I have provided a link to one of my favorite songs (see Obsession of the Week).

If you like Wilco, Nick Drake, and Elliott Smith, you'll probably enjoy Iron & Wine. When I went to In Good Company a week ago, I heard a song that I needed to know the artist. I came home, punched in the soundtrack on Amazon.com and VIOLA!! Iron & Wine...my new love.

3 comments:

Dree said...

Wow, you've got some great taste in music! I'm also a fan of Nick Drake and Elliott, and I just recently discovered Iron & Wine through the Garden State soundtrack. Their CD is on my "to-buy" list!

firedancerdancin said...

ah sara---musically, we are gonna get along just fine. ;-) lovely stuff.

you are getting some damien rice has now been added to your mixed cd.

take care!
melanie

p.s. i did the reunion survey.

Queen on the run said...

I don't remember how I found my way here the first time but I have been here a few times and I really like your blog, I have added you to the links in my sidebar,
if you would like me to remove the link just let me know. I hope you will let me keep it though.
I will be back often :)