Friday, August 26, 2005

Building a Mystery

Have you ever met someone and placed them in that mental category MYSTERY?

You could know someone for years and years or for just a day, but you know that no matter how well you get to know them, that no matter how many years you know them, they will always be a mystery to you. Some people find this intriguing and they live their whole life trying to figure a person out. To solve the mystery.

Sometimes, these people remain a mystery by their own choice. They keep people out of their lives. They reveal very little to the ones wanting to take them into their lives. Sometimes I think this mysterious person only wants to be around people who understand them or someone else who remains closed off. Sometimes I think these types might be mysteries, but more than mysteries they are full of fear.

Sometimes, a person remains a mystery because there are so many parts that make up the whole of this person, it would be impossible to know all these parts…to understand all of these parts. These are the types that I find the most fascinating. These are the types that I am attracted to. I am just one of those people that like to understand all parts of a person. If you are my friend, I think about you in that way...I am very busy trying to figure you out.

Sometimes, people try to be a mystery. I think this is transparent.

Building a mystery can be a good thing, but it can also be a bad thing. When people do not connect with other people in their lives, they limit their capacity for emotion and relationships. I have met some people like this, but it is inevitable that they open themselves up to me. Sometimes it is because I force my friendship upon them without them even realizing it is happening. The best part of my sleuth abilities in my relationships, it takes a lifetime to figure people out…

Me on the other hand, I am an open book. I am not a mystery. I post my life, thoughts, feelings, fears, and ideas on the internet for all to read.

No comments: