Saturday, August 07, 2004

I Hate to Brag, But I Love My Job!


Northwest friends at an Iowa Cubs Game!


Last night I went to a party at the home of our school custodian, Barb. Barb is great. She is one of the funniest ladies that I have ever met. Her wit is quick and zinging. She jokes with people, but never at their expense. Her compassion for kids is outstanding. One of my favorite Barb moments came when I was walking down the hall at school and she was sitting in the hallway with about 30 kindergarteners. The children were waiting for their door to be opened and Barb was keeping them busy with their favorite game, "Guess Barb's Tools". She held up a tool and the crowd of 5 year olds would yell, "Needle Nose Plier!". It was great.

Barb is just one of the people at work that make it fun everyday. This is my second school and I couldn't be happier. My work colleagues have a good in school, but we also gather outside of school. I guess being a teacher is just one of those jobs where you work with your friends. I know not every job is like that.

My work colleagues are one reason that I love my job. The children and the creativity that comes from being an elementary teacher makes everyday a new day. There is not a single day that is the same during the school year. This is a great time of year because we all get a fresh start. It is the beginning with new notebooks and crisp ideas. This year will be especially unique since I will be teaching 4th grade with the same group of children that I taught last year in 3rd grade.

Long story short...I like my job and I like with whom I work. Posted by Hello

No comments: