Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Movie Time

I have seen advertisements for a film called Napoleon Dynomite. I have no idea what this movie is about, but I want to see it. From what I can tell, it has some dry wit in it and I like that. If my instincts are correct, it will probably fall into the category of movies that I like, but few others have actually seen.

No, that is unfair. My friends usually have the same movie taste as myself. For example, they all enjoy Fargo, Royal Tennebaums, American Splendor, Best In Show, and Amelie. I like a lot of movies. I do not have to watch just dry wit type films. I like big blockbusters like Lord of the Rings. I have been known to watch a romantic comedy, but I usually leave disappointed. Sometimes it is best to list some of my favorites by genre rather than lump them all together. Mob movies are the films I can watch over and over again. I don't mind the violence in these films, but other movies I can't stand it. I like documentaries too. Right now, Spellbound and Trekkies are a few of the good ones. I like documentaries that leave me feeling, "Wow. I had no idea."

I rarely go to the theater, but instead receive all of my movies through Netflix. The theater provides delicious snacks and the big screen, but there seems to be that same person in all of my theaters that talks through the entire movie. I am tempted to visit our new theater for Napoleon Dynomite because of their treat selection. They serve ice cream, hot dogs, ICEEs, kettle corn, and all other standard movie treats. I am the person they are trying to appeal to. I will choose their theater because of the snacks. I am so easy.


No comments: