Sunday, October 03, 2004

30 Days Left

Today I became a Precinct Leader for MoveOn.org. I feel so much excitement and motivation to help with this project. My job will be to visit neighbors who are democrats, but have had a history of not voting. I will encourage them to vote on November 2. This grassroots effort is getting back to the way politics is supposed to be run...neighbor to neighbor, talking about the issues that matter to them. With 30 days left until the election, I am ready to help defeat George W. Bush and help this country get on the right path in education, economy, and families. If you live in any of the swing states, you can help defeat George W. Bush by contacting moveon.org and volunteering your time.

Swing States
Minnesota
Washington
Oregon
Nevada
Colorado
Arizona
New Mexico
Missouri
Iowa
Wisconsin
Michigan
Ohio
West Virginia
North Carolina
Florida
Pennsylvania
New Hampshire
Maine

4 comments:

Eyes for Lies said...

Good luck : ) I hope you convert some people! Truly.

No offense, but I am one of those neighbors who wouldn't appreciate a knock on my door. I hate being disturbed -- so much so we installed a gate at our front enterance so no one can get within 100 feet of my door :)

Sara said...

Fredette,
I can completely understand. I am just hoping that the grassroots, neighbor to neighbor, can ease the yuckiness of door to door. I also live in a pretty heavy Republican town so I also want to let the Dems know they are not alone out there. Today was my first day and it was great. I was frowned upon only once and had some nice conversations with people.

Sara said...

That is very annoying to me...these folks that comment for their own advertising...blog faux pas.

Eyes for Lies said...

I'm glad you had success with MoveOn.org.

In hindsight, I'd love nothing better than to meet another like-minded individual. I wish in a way you could come knock on my door :)