Sunday, October 17, 2004

Respect and Honor Each Other...


October 16, 2004
Congratulations, Scott and Sara!

I have just returned from a fun filled weekend in St. Cloud, Minnesota where I helped my friends Scott and Sara celebrate their wedding day.

I have witnessed many of my close friends get married. Something strange occurs on each of their wedding days, and I am so glad for it. Each bride and groom were completely focused on the meaningful event that was occuring. It is too easy to be thinking about the cake or the centerpieces, but they were thinking of each other. This is exactly as it should be.

Since I was one of the first of my friends to get married, I always hand out advice (even though we've only been married for four years). I usually share this piece of advice...

No matter what is going on with the photographer, the food, your family members, they are not the reason that you are there. Keep focused on your
groom/bride and remember to spend as much time together on that day as
possible. You'll have the rest of your lives together to be together...but
only one wedding day together.


Sara and Scott did exactly that. Just by observing the day, I could feel that gratitude, awe, and love that they felt for their day.


2 comments:

Eyes for Lies said...

Sounds like it was a nice affair. We only had 26 people at our wedding for a sit down dinner. We didn't want a huge affair for just that reason. We wanted to focus on each other -- and I believe it was a really special day as does my husband :)

Anonymous said...

Weddings suck. Marriage is futile.