Friday, October 08, 2004

What Ana Made Me Think About

It has been a long time since I have hung out with a two year old, but it was more fun than I had all day. Ana-the two year old, tried to give me the cold shoulder like she didn't like me. Her mother refers to me as "Silly Sara" because in an earlier day about a year ago, I taught Ana that she can put the boogers that she picks in her pocket. I thought she would forget because she was just a baby. Well, she didn't forget. Tonight, one of the first things she told me was "to use a tissue." I thought it was funny then and I think it is funny now.

Soon, Ana and I were pretending to sleep and wake each other up. We were eating chicken fingers and talking about food that we love and food that we hate. We were tight.

We danced to songs about peanut butter and jelly, the days of the week, and our letter sounds. I forget what little people are like. I spend my day with bigger little people...nine and ten year olds. Our days are spent trying to learn reading, writing, math, and more. We spend very little of our time dancing and singing. Maybe we should do more of it...who knows.

Yesterday, I found out that two of my high school friends were expecting babies. I am always shocked, but why should I be? I mean, for pete's sake, I am 28 years old. People my age have babies all the time. I am shocked because they are always married a lot less years than Tim and I have been married.

I am 28 years old and do not hear my biological clock ticking. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever hear it, but spending time with Ana made me have a lot of fun. I am not naive to what motherhood would include. It wouldn't be all dancing and having fun. However, I know that I like little ones.

1 comment:

Eyes for Lies said...

I like little ones too. I always enjoy them but I just don't get the drive.

Have a good weekend this weekend at the wedding! Sounds like fun! You travel a lot. I used to but no so much anymore.

How are your feet by the way? Still using the duct tape?